Arequipa and the world’s deepest canyons
Arequipa, Colca Canyon
WHY CHOOSE THIS TOUR
- watching majestic condor
- includes the visit of sights of UNESCO
- you will visit the second deepest canyon of the world
Arequipa has many colonial-era Spanish buildings built of sillar, a pearly white volcanic rock, from which it gets the nickname La Ciudad Blanca (“The White City”). The city is surrounded by volcanoes and is close to the biggest natural attraction, Colca Canyon, where condors can be observed too. This package is shorter, good to be combined with other packages we offer.
Combine this package with any other tour or package from our offer and create your dream holiday!
Day 1 – Arrival to Arequipa
After your arrival you will be driven to a hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure.
Day 2 and 3 – Colca Canyon (B)
Today after breakfast you will be picked up at the hotel to set out for a 2-day long trip to one of the deepest places on the planet. Colca Canyon reaches a depth of 3400 meters/11.155 feet at the lowest point. The winding road passes by volcanoes Misti, Chachani and Ampato. Their peaks are covered by snow. At the edge of the canyon you will be able to observe majestic condors and huge eagles. You will also pass typical small villages Torja, Chucura and Patapampa, to stop in one of them, called Chivay. Or you can also enjoy a relaxing afternoon in the La Calera thermal spa. You will sleep in a hotel close to the Colca Canyon so that you can set out early in the morning to a “Cruz del Condor“ outlook – the best spot for observing flying condors in this area. Then you will continue to villages Pincholo, Yanque, Cabanaconde, Coporaque, with the remains of the Inca empire. A further stop is planned in Ocolle, Chinchinea and Colcas. In the afternoon return to Arequipa for overnight.
Day 4 – Arequipa (B)
This day is at leisure. But you can optionally take part in a sightseeing tour (see below). We will visit not only the main square, cathedral and museum (with frozen Inca princess from the 15th century) of this White Town but also the Santa Catalina Monastery. Accommodation in a hotel.
Den 5 – Transfer Out (B)
Transfer from the hotel to the airport or train station for continuation of your travels. End of services.
- all services, transfers and excursions detailed in the program
- local English speaking guide
- 4 nights accommodation in a 3* hotel
- meals detailed on the program (B: Breakfast L: Lunch D: Dinner)
- entrance fees to the sites mentioned in the itinerary
- permanent English assistance by our Operations Department
- international and local airfare
- airport tax
- meals and services not detailed in the program
- tips for guides
- personal expenses
- optional excursions
- single supplement
- accommodation upgrade to 4* hotel
- Price per person (2 people in double / twin room).
- The program can be customized according to your requirements.
- The price is subject to availability and actual airfare cost.
- Difficulty level of this tour – average.
- You will be staying at high altitudes (4,000 meters above the sea level).