Bariloche – Mountains and Lake
Bariloche, Campanario Hill, Victoria Island
WHY CHOOSE THIS TOUR?
- flexible dates
- good quality hotel in popular locations
- tour can be customized according to your requirements
In the north west of the Rio Negro province lies Bariloche, which is the biggest town in the Patagonia Andes. At 770m above sea level, just on the extent of Nahuel Huapi Lake, it is also the starting point for exploring the Nahuel Huapi National Park. The town and its surroundings are also called “Switzerland of Argentina” and many sights of the region, from the border of the lakes to the snow white mountains, can be found in the Alps. Moreover, the whole town smells of chocolate which can be found in many varieties and tastes. Enjoy untouched nature, solitude and peace.
Day 1 – Bariloche
Arrive at Bariloche where you will be met by a guide to be transferred to a hotel close to the city centre. The rest of the day is at leisure. You can either go out into the streets or relax after the flight.
Day 2 – Bariloche (B)
This is one of the most popular trips in the area and gives a great overview over the surroundings of Bariloche. The excursion begins with a drive along the Nahuel Huapi Lake. On sunny days, spectacular views over the lake and to the snow-capped Andes mountains can be enjoyed. The trip continues through lush forest, along mountain lakes and the next stop is at the station of the chairlift to Cerro Campanario. An optional short ride brings you up to the crest at 1,050m. The view of 360 degrees will be an unforgettable experience. Then you board and a boat will take you to Victoria Island (this part of the excursion is without an English speaking guide). The island has a great variety of fauna and flora. Species like cypresses, coihues, and ñires can be seen beside huge sequoias, thujas, eucalyptus, oak, and pinecones. Animals, like the native “pudu pudu” or dwarf deer, the wild boar or jabalí, European deer, pheasant, and a variety of birds inhabit the island. You even may see Imperial cormorants. After the cruise you will be picked up by the bus and driven back to Bariloche for the night.
Day 3 – Bariloche (B)
Day at your leisure. You can go hiking, biking or fishing in Bariloche. You can take an optional tour – Full day excursion (Grand Circuit) with lunch – see below for more details. Stay overnight in the hotel. This day could be skipped if you wish.
Day 4 – Bariloche – departure (B)
Transfer to the airport and continuation of your own program.
- all services, transfers and excursions detailed on the program
- local English speaking guide during tours
- all nights accommodation in a 3* hotel
- meals detailed on the program included (B: breakfast; L: Lunch D: Dinner)
- permanent English assistance by our Operations Department
- international and local airfare
- meals and services not detailed in the program
- personal expenses
- optional excursions
- single supplement
- accommodation upgrade to 4* hotel upgrade
- full day excursion (Grand Circuit) with lunch and a Spanish speaking guide (private / shared service)
- Price per person (2 people in double / twin room).
- The program can be customized according to your requirements.
- The price is subject to availability and actual airfare cost.
- Difficulty level of this tour – moderate.
- Bariloche has become one of the best skiing resorts of the Andes. Please ask for our skiing packages!